Garmin Mobile XT is one of wonderful handy application to GPS enabled mobile phone, especially for Symbian 60 series and Windows Mobile. When I first get my Samsung Omnia phone, it was nothing than only with a small bunch of basic Windows Mobile application. So I decide to install this one, Garmin Mobile XT since I really need this to travel up down left and right. The best part is, it’s FREE and no data consumption.
Have no intention of sending the phone to phone shop for GPS installation, I decided to try on my own. Here are steps what I did and posted here will maybe be my reference in future time. At first, let’s have a look on what we can do withGarmin Mobile XT:
Listed here are what needed to install Garmin Mobile XT to Windows Mobile Phone:
* GPS Navigation Enabled Phone, in my case, I’m using Samsung Omnia.
* A Windows computer with Microsoft ActiveSync installed (Download ActiveSynce if you don’t have one).
* USB Cable to connect phone with the computer
* Garmin Mobile XT application (available to download at Garmin site)
Installing Garmin Mobile XT
First off, there are three (3) main downloads needed to perform the operation. Download all these application.
* Garmin Mobile XT : Download
* Garmin Mobile XT Support Files : Download
* Garmin Mobile XT Free Basemap : Download
Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable. Make sure that you are connected via Microsoft ActiveSync. Download all the above files to your computer, double click the file, install, and choose the installation location to your mobile phone. In my case, I choose to install to “My Storage”, and the installation directory will look like this:
Finish up the installation. Install all three Garmin Mobile XT, Support files and Free basemap one by one with the same procedure. Disconnect your mobile phone from the PC and see your mobile phone for new application installation process.
Adding GPS Map files to your Garmin Mobile XT
Now that we’re all set with the application, it’s time to install GPS map files to your mobile phone. In my case, I use MalsingMaps Malaysia and Singapore map. You need to download the installer files to your PC first, and it is available here:
* MalsingMaps Malaysia and Singapore map (MFM) : Download (at the moment: MFM v1.60)
* MelsingMaps Malaysia and Singapore Topo map (MFM-SRTM) : Download (at the moment: MFM-SRTM v1.02)
Now that you’ve downloaded both these files. Reconnect your mobile phone back to your PC with USB cable. This time, I will not going to connect my phone via ‘ActiveSync’, but connect via ‘Mass Storage’. On yourmobile phone, go ‘Start > Settings > Connection > USB connection’ and choose ‘Mass Storage’. Now connect it to the computer.
Open up the downloaded files on your PC by double clicking the MFM map installer file. Follow the installation guide here. Repeat the installation process to MFM-SRTM topo map.
Now that all set and you are ready to go!
Additional For Testing Purpose : Keygen
Garmin Mobile XT is not free, it comes with 15 days trial. There is a keygen available by searching to Google, Aand here’s how to crack them up. Take note that please support the original one, since updates will becoming more handy.
1. Upon exploring ‘File Explorer’ at your mobile phone, go to the partition you’ve installed Garmin Mobile XT, and you’ll find the folder “2577″. Delete Download the folder.
2. Run you Garmin Mobile XT application, go to ” Tools > Settings > About “.
3. Copy all the information, ID numbers anywhere on a paper.
4. Run IMEI to UnitID Converter v1.0, Use CardID as your IMEI if you are using Windows Mobile phone. Find your IMEI and use it.
5. Generate your UnitID
6. Run Garmin Keygen 1.5 , paste out the UnitID there and click ‘generate’.
7. You will be given a software unlock code. Copy the code number.
8. Run notepad, paste down the code, and save the file as SW.UNL (not SW.UNL.txt)
9. Connect your PC with your mobile phone and copy the SW.UNL file to root directory where you install Garmin. In my case, ‘ “My Storage”/ ‘
10. Restart your Garmin Mobile XT. Done.