NOTE: "Performing a factory data reset deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the device back to its initial state—the state before you turned on the device for the first time.
Important Make sure to back up important data you have on the device before you perform a factory data reset."
1. Turn the power off. If your Motorola CLIQ XT is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
2. Press and hold the Power and Camera buttons
3. Release the Camera button when prompted
4. Press and hold the Volume Down key
5. A yellow exclamation will appear on the display. Wait until a menu with options will appear.
6. Using the touch screen select Factory Reset and press OK.