Wondering how to hard reset the HTC EVO 4G? Here's how with step by step instructions.
Note: Please back up all of your personal data before proceeding, all data will be deleted on the HTC EVO 4G as a result of this process. However, this procedure does NOT delete data stored on the microSD memory card. .
Here's the procedure:
1. Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Press and release the Power button
4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and release the Power button
7. Upon confirmation: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
If YES is selected all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G.
Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot and return to to its factory default state settings.