A Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Featured HTC myTouch 3G Slide Hard Reset Step by step Procedures. I have done this many times and so very simple and easy, so I know you can do it too.
Note: The result of this process will delete all data stored on your HTC myTouch 3G Slide, So please back up a copy of it before doing this Hard Reset Steps below. However, this will NOT delete all data that being stored on the micro SD card memory.
Here's the Procedures:
1. Turn the power off. If your HTC myTouch 3G Slide is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Press and release the Power button
4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and release the Power button
7. For confirmation: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
If YES is selected, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC myTouch 3G Slide. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.