Wednesday, September 15, 2010 Kim No comments
Please note that all data will be wipe out or deleted from the HTC myTouch HD as a result of this process. However, this process does not delete the data stored on the microSD memory card. Just back up it first before you proceed.
Resetting through Menu Settings
1. On the main home screen, select menu
2. Select Settings, then Privacy
3. Select Factory data reset
4. Select Reset phone
5. Enter your password if it's activated, then select Erase everything upon confirmation
If the HTC myTouch HD is frozen and the above solution doesn't work hard reset it through buttons
1. If your HTC myTouch HD is frozen,Turn the power off. pull out the battery and reinsert it back again
2. Press and hold the Home button and the Red End button for about 30 seconds
3. Release the buttons when the warning message appears on the LCD screen display
4. Do Press and hold the Home button and the Red End button again
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Use the trackball to navigate and then select the Wipe data/factory reset
Once the wipe is complete, the HTC myTouch HD will reboot to its factory default state settings. All data including third-party applications already deleted.