Here's a step by step instructions on how to hard reset the Motorola DROID R2-D2 to clear all data and restore its original factory default settings.
Please note: All data installed will be deleted from the Motorola DROID R2-D2 as a result of this procedure. However, this process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD memory card. Please back up all of your personal data before you may proceed.
Factory Data Reset through Menu Settings:
1. From the main home screen, select Menu
2. Select Settings, then select Privacy
3. Select Factory data reset
4. Select Reset phone
5. Enter the password if prompted, then select Erase everything
If the Motorola DROID R2-D2 is frozen, Do a hard reset through button combination
1. Power down the Motorola DROID R2-D2 by holding the power button and then select Power Off
2. Hold the X key on the keyboard and turn the power back on, keep holding down the X key until a yellow triangle icon appears
3. Then close the slider and hold down the Volume Up button, then press the Camera button while still holding volume up button
4. A menu will then appear that shows "wipe data/factory reset" use the direction pad on they keyboard to select this option
5. Scroll down using the direction pad to the "yes" option and select it with the d-pad select key
Once the wipe is complete, all data including third party application will be deleted from the Motorola DROID R2-D2. The device will reboot to its factory default state settings.