How to hard reset the Samsung i997 Infuse 4G
This is the step by step instruction on how to hard reset the Samsung i997 Infuse 4G
to clear all data and restore its original factory settings.
This process is only applicable when experiencing hang, unresponsive or frozen device when opening or using some application, because this process will deleted all data you installed or stored on the device, so make a back up copy first before you may proceed.
Factory / Soft reset through menu settings.
2. select Settings, then Privacy
3. select Factory Data Reset
4. Select Reset Phone
5. Enter the password then confirm by selecting Erase Everything
If the Samsung i997 Infuse 4G is Frozen, Hang or unresponsive.
1. Shut the POWER OFF., take the BATTERY OUT and reinsert it back again after a few seconds.
2. Hold the VOLUME DOWN BUTTON
3. Press and hold the POWER BUTTON until the device turns on
4. A menu will show that let you choose for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Just Select CLEAR STORAGE by pressing the VOLUME DOWN button
6. Then briefly press and release the POWER BUTTON
7. Then select to confirm: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
Then wait until the device finished restoring, it will then reboot. Once its completed, all data you previously installed on Samsung i997 Infuse 4G has been already wipe out or cleared. You may need to re-install it back again.