How to hard reset the Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC, Anzu or X12
Here's the step by step instruction on how to Hard Reset the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc Also known as Sony Ericsson Anzu, Sony Ericsson X12, to restore its original factory default settings.
Note: Doing a hard reset is only applicable if your Sony Ericsson Xperia arc experiencing a hang-up, unresponsive or frozen when opening or using some application installed.
Just make a back copy of all your important data before proceeding.
Here's the following step by step instructions:
Soft Reset- Factory Reset on Menu Settings
1. From the main home screen, select Menu
2. Select Settings, then Privacy
3. Select Factory Data Reset
4. Select Reset phone
5. Just enter the Password if prompted, then confirm by selecting Erase Everything
If your Sony Ericsson Xperia arc is frozen, hang-up or unresponsive,
1. Turn it off, remove the battery out and reinsert it back again
2. Hold the Home and Volume Down button
3. Press and hold the Power button until it turns on again
4. Just follow the on-screen procedures to reset the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc
Once the restoring process completes, the Sony Ericsson Xperia arc will then reboot, and then it will restore back to its original default state setting again like when you bought it way back then.