Doing hard reset is only advisable if the device experiencing application problem like freezing or hang etc. This process will restore the device to its original default state.
PLEASE NOTE: The result of this process will delete all data stored from your Samsung Epic 4G. However, this process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD memory card. We advise to back up all of your personal data before you continue.
Hard Reset Procedure:
1. Turn the power off. If your Samsung Epic 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Press and release the Power button
4. A menu will show that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Then, Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and release the Power button
7. Confirm: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
If you select YES , all data including third-party applications will be wipe out from the Samsung Epic 4G. If the wipe is complete, wait 'till the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.