Thursday, September 16, 2010 Kim No comments
Be aware that all data stored and installed will be deleted from the Motorola DEFY as a result of this procedure. However, this process does not delete the data stored on the microSD memory card. Just back up it first before you proceed.
Menu Settings Reset
1. On the main home screen, select menu
2. Select Settings, then Privacy
3. Select Factory data reset
4. Select Reset phone
5. Enter your password if you activated it, then select Erase everything upon confirmation
If the Motorola DEFY is frozen, and can't access the settings menu, do a button combination hard reset
1. Turn the power off, take the battery out from the device and reinsert it back again
2. Hold the Volume Down key button
3. Press and hold the Power key button until the device will turn ON
4. A menu will appear that allows to choose Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down key button
6. Press and release the Power key button
7. Then confirm: for YES select Volume Up key and for NO select Volume Down key
Wait till the wipe out is complete, the phone will then reboot to its factory fresh settings.
All data including third-party applications stored will be deleted from the Motorola DEFY.