Here's step by step guides on how to factory reset and or hard reset the Samsung Mesmerize
to clear all data and restore its original settings.
This process may or may not delete data stored on the microSD memory card. We advice to make a back up first before proceeding.
To Factory Reset on the Main Home Screen Settings
1. From the main home screen, Select menu
2. Select Settings, then Select Privacy
3. Select Factory data reset
4. Select Reset phone
5. Enter the password if prompted, then select Erase everything
If the Device is frozen, do a Hard Reset Through Button Combinations
1. Turn the power off first.
2. If the Samsung Mesmerize is frozen, pull out the battery and reinsert it back again
3. Hold the Volume Down button
4. Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
5. A menu will then show up that let you choose either Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
6. Just Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
7. Then Press and release the Power button
8. Then confirm your choice: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
Once the wipe is complete, the phone will then reboot to its factory fresh state in a few seconds. All the data including third-party applications that has been stored already deleted from the Samsung Mesmerize, you may need to install it back again.