Here's the simple instruction on how to factory reset the Google Nexus S to wipe and clear all data and restore to its original factory default settings.
Here's how to hard reset the Google Nexus S with step by step instructions.
Do this through Menu Settings first:
1. On the Main Home Screen, select Menu
2. Select Settings, then Privacy
3. Select Factory Data Reset
4. Select Reset Phone
5. Enter the Password if prompted, then select Erase Everything
If the Google Nexus S is Frozen and the above procedure doesn't work, you may try to hard reset it through button combination.
1. Shut down the Power Off.Pull the battery out and reinsert it back again
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Press and release the Power button
4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and release the Power button
7. Then confirm: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
If the above procedures doesn't work, use this other android hard reset method below,
1. Shut Down Google Nexus S
2. Now press the Volume up, Home and Power button together.
3. When the Symbol shows up release the power.
4. Then there is a boot Menu. Use the volume up/down to choose and home to select.
Once the wipe or reset process is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state. All the data stored including third-party applications will be deleted from the Google Nexus S.