Here's, the step by step instruction on how to format or hard reset the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo, also known as XPERIA Halon or Hallon that restores it to its original factory default settings.
Caution: The result of this process will delete all data stored on the Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo. Just do a back up copy of all your important data that you installed to the device. Doing a hard reset is only advisable if the device has been experiencing frozen or hang problems.
1. On the main home screen, select MENU
2. Select Settings, then select Privacy
3. Select Factory data reset
4. Select Reset phone
5. Just enter the password if prompted, then confirm- select Erase everything
If Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo is frozen or hang, you can still do hard reset through button key combination:
1. First turn the device OFF, remove the phone battery out and then put it back again.
2. Simultaneously hold the Left and the right buttons beneath the LCD display screen.
3. Then briefly press and release the Power button
4. Just then follow the on-screen guide to hard reset the phone
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo will reboot to its factory fresh state once the restore process is complete, the data and 3rd party applications you previously installed on the device already been deleted.