Here's the step by step procedures how to hard reset the HTC ChaCha to clear all data and restore it back to its original factory fresh default settings.
Please Note: The result of this procedure will delete all data stored from the HTC Salsa. The data stored on the microSD memory card may or may not be deleted . We advice to back up all of important personal data before proceeding.
HTC ChaCha Factory Reset through Menu Settings
2. Select Settings, then Privacy
3. Select Factory data reset
4. Select Reset phone
5. Enter the password if prompted, then select Erase everything to continue
If the HTC ChaCha is frozen, do a hard reset by way of button combination.
1. If the device is frozen,turn the phone's power off. remove the battery out and reinsert it in back again
2. Press and Hold the Volume Down button
3. Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
4. A menu will then appear that let you choose for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and then release the Power button
7. Then confirm, press Volume Up for YES and press Volume Down for NO
Once the the wipe completes, the phone will reboot to its factory default state settings. All data stored including third-party applications has been deleted from the HTC ChaCha. You need to reinstall third-party application again.