Here's a step by step instructions on how to hard reset the LG Thrive (for AT&T mobile USA).
2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA
OS Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo)
CPU 600 MHz ARM 11 processor, Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm MSM7227 chipset
Precautions: Performing hard reset process will delete or wipe all data from the. We highly recommend to have a back up copy of all your important files stored on the device.
LG Thrive Factory Data Reset procedures:
1. On the main home screen, tap menu
2. Select Settings, then Privacy
3. Select Factory data reset
4. Select Reset phone
5. Enter the password if prompted, then select Erase everything.
If the LG Thrive is frozen: Reboot or restart the phone and do a hard reset through button combination.
1. Turn the power off. , take the battery out and reinsert it back again
2. Hold the Volume Down and Power Button
3. A menu will then show up such as Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
4. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
5. Press and release the Power button
6. Select: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
Wait 'till the phone reboot, once the wipe process completes, the LG Thrive will return to its original factory fresh state default settings.
All data including third-party applications will be deleted from the LG Thrive . You may need to re-install it back again.