This is the step by step procedure If you want to restore your Samsung Vibrant to its original factory fresh state settings again.
Please Note: Please back up all of the data stored on your Samsung Vibrant. The result of this process will DELETE all your data installed or stored on your phone. However, this process will NOT DELETE the data stored on the microSD memory card.
Factory Reset procedure: this can only be done if your phone is not FROZEN.
1. From the main home screen, select Menu
2. Select Settings, then Privacy
3. Select Factory Data Reset
4. Select Reset Phone
5. Enter your password, then select Yes to confirm
If factory reset doesn't work or If your phone is FROZEN, Hard Reset will be an option.
Hard Reset Procedure:
1. Turn the device power off. If your phone is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it back
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Press and then release the Power button
4. A menu will appear that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Just Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and release the Power button again
7. Select one of the option then confirm: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
Once the wipe is complete,Your Samsung Vibrant will reboot to its factory default state settings.
All your data including third party applications on your phone already deleted, you need to reinstall it all back again.