Here's a step by step instructions on how to factory reset or hard reset the Motorola DROID X SE to clear all data and restore it back to original settings.
Procedure on how to hard reset the Motorola DROID X SE.
1. Shut down the DROID X SE by holding the power button and then selecting the Power Off
2. Hold the X key on the keyboard and turn the power back on, keep holding down the X key until a yellow triangle icon will appear.
3. Once the icon showed, close the slider and simultaneously press the Volume Up and Camera buttons (you may need to do this several times)
4. Then a menu of choices will appear, just select "wipe data/factory reset". You can select this option using the direction pad on the keyboard.
5. Using the direction pad Scroll down to the "yes" option and select it with the d-pad select key
Once the wipe is complete, the device will then reboot to its factory default state settings. All the data including third-party applications installed will be deleted from the Motorola DROID X SE.