If you want the Samsung I100 Gem to return it to its factory settings again. This procedure may help you to restore the phone from your customized settings to it s original state.
This may also help, if the phone become sluggish from normal, or become unresponsive and experince some hang or frozen problem if using some applications.
Here's step by step instructions how to hard reset the Samsung Gem I100 .
Note: This will permanently deleted all data stored or installed on your phone. But the data stored on the microSD card will not be removed. Just make a back up copy of all important files for assurance before proceeding.
Factory Reset through Menu Settings,
2. Tap Settings, then tap Privacy
3. Tap Factory data reset
4. Tap Reset phone
5. Enter the password if prompted, then to confirm just tap Erase everything
Hard Reset, this may help if the phone is unresponsive or frozen.
1. If your Samsung Gem is frozen, Turn off the power, remove the battery and reinsert it back again
2. Hold the Volume Down button
3. Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
6. Press and release the Power button
7. Select Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
It will then reboot. Once the reset process completes, the Samsung Gem will then return to its original default factory settings.